Friday, November 21, 2008

Shadows in the Sun













I am glad that I finally had a nice day to take a few, I hope, good pictures. The sun seemed right for me today. From reading the "Equivalence: The Perennial Trend" by Minor White, it was quite long but interesting. What I got out of the reading is that the photographer should feel the power of the picture when he is looking through the lens. One of the sentences that fits well with my pictures goes like this "They see [ the viewer] what they wish to see, and not what he [the photographer] thinks that he is showing them." http://jnevins.com/whitereading.htm. So I hope from the two pictures you all see is what I saw when I was taking the picture. As soon as I saw it, I felt it was right.
Michael

3 comments:

a.Nailah said...

Ooooh I love these black & whites... very nice. well done, not that my opinion matters, but I like.

Jerry said...

The bottom one is stronger because of the quality of design... it is cleaner and more direct... well done.

Maciel said...

This such an expiring picture. It's strong and revealing