Monday, November 17, 2008

Ansel Adams and Equivalence


I was amazed by Minor White's
article on Equivalence.
What a beautiful, apt theory.
I won't ever see photography in the same light.
I was so moved by the equivalence idea
that I've been thinking about it
since last night. It is interesting to wonder what Adams was feeling at
the moment of creation of this photograph. The idea that doorways
and windows, as symbols of sorts (for instance), can evoke feeling and meaning of a secret and personal nature for the "seer" of the photograph, makes sense.

This photograph by Ansel Adams is one of my favorites.

2 comments:

srgalvan said...

This picture is so nice, it could be sold at a gallery!

Jerry said...

Stephanie, this is an Ansel Adams picture that sells for upwards of $500,00...

Gwen,

Thank you for posting your response to the Minor White article... You get it!