Sunday, November 16, 2008

By the sea assignment














Hi All. The only day that I had free to goto the beach was this past Saturday it was cold, fogging and raining. But Branford Point did have some very interesting views. The fog wasn't so heavy that we couldn't see anything, but just deep enough to give you limited vision. A lot of the photos I took came out unclear, I used a new program that I would highly recomened for the Mac called Apeture. I can't seem to get a good grasp on Photoshop or Gimp. Apeture seems to have a much more intuitive interface and to me seems easier to use if your unfamiliar with the others.

I choose these two photo's because it really gives a sense of the type of day it was. Early morning, low visibility and a light but constant rain. I couldn't seem to get any pictures like Lobos in our reading.

I've also uploaded some of the other to fotothing but I hit my 5 picture limit for the day. More to come this week.

Bye.

6 comments:

Jerry said...

Hi Byron...

I really like the bottom image of the lone poles standing watch...another metaphor might be standing witness to....

a.Nailah said...

I really like the images, the fog makes it very interesting. What would have been cool is if there were heavy fog clouds right on the water... kind of like ghosts walking.

Michael Hasiotis said...

The fog image is very nice. Straight out of a horror movie. Great capture.

Genese said...

I really like the bottom picture. Even in all the fog, you found a memorable shot. I love it. ...Lemonade out of lemons!

Gwen said...

I like the second image of light and emptiness, vastness.

msjd said...

I agree the with Jerry. The poles are an excellent shot. Something about them there alone in the fog. Nice tenacity, going out to the get the picture in not so nice weather. This class is driving us to pay attention Yeah!!!!!!